The Sanskrit word Gyana means pure knowledge. It is linked with sagacity and enlightened wisdom. That, which enables us discriminate between the right and the wrong and which shows us the light of truth, is Gyana.
Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of the index finger, with the other three fingers stretched out.
- As it is a mudra of knowledge, it enhances the knowledge.
- Increases memory power and sharpens the brain.
- Mudra is useful for enhancing mental capabilities.
- Its regular practice over a substantial stretch of time helps in sharpening the memory, mental concentration and thinking process and in increasing the grasping/learning capacities.
- Several types of mental disorders are prevented and cured by consistent practice of this mudra.
- It is beneficial for those suffering from insomnia.
- Short-tempered and impatient people can also get soothing improvement in their nature by practicing this mudra.
- Enhances concentration and prevents Insomnia If we practice it regularly
- It will cure all psychological disorders like Mental, Hysteria, Angerand Depression.
- Removes negative thoughts.
- attentiveness and peacefulness of mind.
- Develops knowledge and memory.
- Cure headache, stress and diabetes.
- Brahma and shiva shakti union.
- The tip of thumb has centers of pituitary and endocrine glands. When we press these centers by index finger the two glands work actively.
- Practice of this mudra smoothly increases the flow of blood-supply and circulation in the brain to help energize the neurons for instant action.
- Gyana mudra helps in curing many of the brain related problems.
There is no particular time duration for this mudra. You can practice by sitting, standing or lying on bed whenever and wherever you have time.