This yoga posture has been named after the shape it takes – that of a bow.
- Lie on the ground (on stomach) facing downwards.
- Relax completely
- Inhale slowly and starts bending your legs backwards and catch the ankles with the hands .
- . Put your whole weight on your abdomen.
- Only your stomach and pelvic area will touch the ground.
- Hold this position for few 15-20 seconds and continue taking a deep breath
- . You can increase the time after practicing this.
- Now after 15-20 seconds exhale slowly and come back to starting position.
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Stimulates the reproductive organs
- Opens up the chest, neck and shoulders
- Tones the leg and arm muscles
- Good stress and fatigue buster
- Relieves menstrual discomfort and constipation
- Helps people with renal (kidney) disorders
- Ladies should not practice yoga during pregnancy and in periods.
- high blood pressure patient
- Suffering from back pain and hernia avoid doing danursan
Please follow and like us: