Kapal = forehead; bhati = shining; pranayama = breathing technique.
The breathing techniques which brings shine in our forehead is called Kapalbhati pranayam. It is to know that “80 percent of the toxins in our body are released through the outgoing breath. Regular practice of Kapalbhati pranayama detoxifies all the systems in our body.
- Sit comfortably with your spine erect. Place your hands on the knees, palms open to the sky.
- Take a deep breath in.
- Exhale quickly and suddenly, making a puffing sound while you do it. Focus on exhaling forcefully and not on the inhalation. pull your stomach. Pull your navel in back towards the spine. Do as much as you comfortably can.
- Abdomen should rise when you inhale and fold when you exhale.
- As you relax the navel and abdomen, the breath flows into your lungs automatically.
- So just throw out your breath. Don’t worry about the inhalation. Your lungs knows to take breathe. you need not to do anything but too throw breathe.
- Take 20 such breaths to complete one round of Kapal Bhati pranayama.
- After completing the round, relax with your eyes closed and observe the sensations in your body.
- Do two more rounds of kapal bhati breathing technique .
- The path of purification of nadis increases the enhances vitality of life-force and rejuvenates Kundalini Shakti in the body.
- It improves the function of the lungs and other respiratory system.
- Improves the function of reproductive system. Cures erectile dysfunction naturally.
- Improves the function of pancreas. Helps to produce insulin hormone naturally and cures diabetes
- It removes toxins from the body and helps to clean the internal system.
- Calms the mind and bring stability in mind.
- Very Effective in reducing weight by increasing the metabolic rate
- Cures breast cancer.
- Improves digestive tract functioning, absorption and assimilation of nutrients
- Energizes the nervous system and rejuvenates brain cells.
- Calms and uplifts the mind
- Helpful in curing respiratory diseases as asthma, allergies.
- Clear the sinuses within the skull.
- Cure for constipation, acidity and good for even hair loss.
- Cures kidney problems and lower down the high creatinine level.Improves the fuction of kidney.
- Generates heat in the system to help dissolve toxins and waste matter.
- Adds luster and beauty to your face.
- Kapalbhati improves circulation, slows the ageing process and helps relax facial muscles and nerves.
- It also rejuvenates tired cells, helping in reducing wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- It is the best way to awaken the ajna chakra (or third eye).
Kapalbhati should not be practice by those who are suffering from:-
- Suffering from heart disease, stroke or epilepsy.
- High blood pressure
- Should never be practiced when an asthmatic attack is in progress.
- If pain or If you feel dizzy or nauseous you should slow down the force and pace of Kapalbhati pranayama or stop entirely and return to normal breathing.
- if you have acid or heat related gastric issues such as ulcers you should use caution with Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- Quick exhalation should be comfortable to oneself. i.e. quick exhalation should not be too forceful.
- Avoid practicing this breathing technique if you have an artificial pacemaker or stents, backache due to slip disc, recently went through an abdominal surgery,
- Women should not practice during and shortly after pregnancy, as well as during menstruation as it involves vigorous abdominal squeezes.
Please follow and like us: