Shankh is the Indian name for conch. Conch Shell is traditionally used in Hindu temples for worship. Conch Shell is blown to create pure sound vibrations.
- Sit down in the Padma Asana or Lotus Pose. Keep your back straight and calm your breath.
- Close your eyes and visualize that you are sitting amidst a blue sea of calm water.
- Raise both your arms in front of your chest
- Encircle your left thumb with the fingers of your right hand
- Let the thumb of the right hand touch the middle finger of the left hand.
- Chant ‘Om’ several times. Then listen the echo within yourself.
- Shankh Mudra is good for ailments related to Vishuddhi Chakra or Throat Chakra. Vishuddhi Chakra is the energy center in the throat area.
- It tones up the throat, the airways, and the lungs.
- Mudra along with Yoga is beneficial to treat chronic conditions like Ashthama.
- Beneficial in Voice and throat problems
- If you ever get throat infection during chilly or rainy weather, then use shankh mudra to get rid of throat infection.
- It also balances the Thyroxine secretion from Thyroid gland
- It relieves stammering
- It also helps to calm and center the mind.
- shankh mudra reduces the pitta effect and increases the vatta and kapha humors in the body.
Duration:- Practicing the Shankh Mudra for 45 minutes, or 15 minutes, three times everyday is strongly recommended.