Maha Bandha – The Great Bandha – Tri Bandh
Maha in Sanskrit means great, and Maha Bandha is the combination of all three aforementioned bandhas.
1. Sit in a comfortable seat, on your shins or cross legged, palms of the hands on the thighs or knees.
- Inhale fully through your nose, and exhale completely through your nose.
- Squeeze squeeze squeeze until every last drop is out.
- Without inhaling engage Mula Bandha, then find Uddiyana Bandha.
- Inhale a tiny bit and lift your chest, and from there engage Jalandhara Bandha.
- Retain, pressing your palms down, as long as possible.
- When you have had enough, lift your head, inhale fully, and release all the bandhas.
- Beneficial for the health of the whole body, especially the autonomic nervous system, internal organs, muscles and nerves.
- Has a positive influence upon the mind.
- Maha Bandha gives the benefits of all three bandhas
- Regulates the entire endocrine system. And as an added plus, it makes you a much better swimmer, runner, and of course Little Mermaid impersonator.
The precautions given for each of the individual Bandhas are also valid for Maha Bandha.
Please follow and like us: