1. Place the left heel at the anus, the terminal opening of the alimentary canal or digestive tube.
2. Keep the right heel on the root of the generative organ.
3. It should be in a way, that the knees and the heels, both lie upon the other.
4. The hands must be placed on either sole of the feet. Keep the eyes half closed.
- The Perfect Posture (Siddhasana) is believed to help in arousing the divine cosmic power (Kundalini Shakti) dormant in the lowest nerve center at the spinal column base by purification of the nadis (ducts for passage of nervous energy). Further, it is believed that the yoga posture helps in attaining supernatural powers (siddhis).
- The yoga posture helps reduce excess fat in the body especially in the abdominal region. It aids in better functioning of the digestive and excretory systems.
- The yoga posture assists in the cure of pain in the knees, ankles, and back. Its practice helps those suffering from insomnia and asthma.
- The yoga posture keeps the mind focused because it requires one to sit upright. It is a posture often suggested for practicing Breath Control (Pranayama), Concentration (Dharana), Meditation (Dhyana) and Self-realization (Samadhi).
Please follow and like us: