Udgeeth Pranayam is also very beneficial when practiced and it is also one of the simplest ofpranayam in the yogic practices. Therefore this pranayam can be practiced as follows;
- Sit on the padmasana and Close your eyes,spine errect.
- Breathe deeply through your nose till diaphragm is full with air, and exhale.
- While exhaling chant the word Om.
- Make sure to keep the sound of “O” long and the “M” short (OOOOOOOm). Udgeeth Pranayama is very simplest pranayama among to all pranayama.
- Repeat this 5 to 10 minutes.
- Also when practiced during bedtime this can help to keep away dreams and even nightmares thus letting you have a sound and peaceful sleep.
- Very beneficial in migraine and headaches etc.
- Improves the digestive system.
- Useful in acidity.
- It calms the mind and brings stability.
- It also relieves tension, anger and anxiety.
- It is the Excellent breathing exercises for mediation.
- Effective against hypertension.
- It cures problems related to sleep (Insomnia) and bad dreams.
- Control the high blood pressure and cure it.
- Cures the problems related to the nervous system.
- It improves memory power.