Ujjayi Pranayama – Breathing for Vitality
More popularly the term Ujjayi Pranayama is known as ‘Ocean Breath’ or ‘Victorious Breath’. This is system of yoga that frees your body from toxins and helps you take sufficient amount of oxygen to build vitality in the body.
- Sit in a comfortable meditative pose.Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana can be used. This practice may be even done during light activities like sitting and walking.
- Contract the glottis, so that the passage of the throat is partially closed.
- Roll the tongue up and let the lower side of the tongue touch the upper palate.
- Breathe in slowly through the throat, making a slight hissing snoring sound. During inhalation, the chest is slightly lifted up and the abdomen contracts a little.
- When the inhalation is complete, swallow the breath and perform Jalandhara Bandha (the chin lock).
- Release the chin lock (Jalandhara Bandha) and exhale through the left nostril (Ida Nadi). Block the right nostril with the right thumb during exhalation. Exhalation may also be done through both the nostrils.
- This is one round ofUjjayi Do as many rounds as you are comfortable.
- It should be practiced for 3 times at the start of the process as your practice increases the frequency can be increased an it can be done 11 times Another popular form is ‘Pratiloma Ujjayi’.
- It has tremendous healing effect ohm Thyroid related problem .
- It is very useful for other throat related problem such as Tonsil.
- Ujjayipranayama soothes the nervous system and calms the mind.
- It enhances the capacity of digestive systems, respiratory systems etc
- Snoring problem is cured.
- Good for heart, asthma, tonsil, cold and cough.
- It generates internal heat.
- Very effective for asthama problem and respiratory problem.
- Very helpful in clearing blocked arteries, also regulates cholesterol.
- It’s lower the risk of heart attack.
- Best for arousing kundalini.
- Helps to cure sinus and migraine as well
- Those who are suffering from heart disease and high blood pressure not to perform bandha and Kumbhaka (breathe retention).
- Do not tighten your throat during Ujjai Pranayam.
Please follow and like us: