Standing Backward Bend Ardha Chakrasana
Ardha= Half; Chakra= Wheel; asana= Pose
- Stand straight with feet together and arms alongside the body.
- Balance your weight equally on both feet
- Breathing in, extend your arms overhead, palms facing each other.
- Breathing out, gently bend backwards pushing the pelvis forward, keeping the arms in line with the ears, elbows and knees straight, head up, and lifting your chest towards the ceiling.
- Breathing in, come back up.
- Breathing out, bring the arms down and relax.
- Stretches the front upper torso.
- Tones the arms and shoulder muscles.
- Back pain relief
- Those with serious hip or spinal problems should avoid this asana as well as those with high blood pressure and brain ailments.
- Peptic or duodenal ulcers and hernia patients should avoid this pose.
- Pregnant woman should avoid this pose.
Please follow and like us: